When all else fails, and your damn dissertation is due by Monday -- might I sugge
st hiding out at your local Hilton? We got SIX inches of snow yesterday, so Dave 4x4'd me over here (he's better than the USPS, clearly). This is a picture of our "pre-Hilton" snowperson (walking snowdog).
st hiding out at your local Hilton? We got SIX inches of snow yesterday, so Dave 4x4'd me over here (he's better than the USPS, clearly). This is a picture of our "pre-Hilton" snowperson (walking snowdog).Yes, let someone else do your laundry, make your bed, and provide you regular sustinance. I'm feeling "royal" today, so I thought I share the "why." It's been a LOOONNG year, and this last two weeks has been a killer... somehow, everything seemed do-able when I woke up to breakfast at the Hilton.
Damn, seriously! Roomservice and the concierge make everything about dissertating easier. I should have thought of this a LONG time ago. Really, this would have been a good way to get started too, though I'm ending my journey here (one way or the freakin' other!). Yes, indeedy -- here's my "work" space, right here at the Southlake Hilton:
Dave is nice, and my room is even nicer.--DONNA



4 comments:
Hell, I'm not even at the Motel 6. Because while you're living it up like royality in your fancy diggs, I've been working on my dissertation in between moments of folding clothes, making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, popping popcorn, reading a Thomas the tank engine book, and running the dishwasher.
[Cue pouting] I wanna be at the Hilton... [Waaaaaaa]
For what it's worth, I'm glad he "saved" this supportive suprise for now. I was losing steam, fast. And Greer's "Monday Mandate" was bringing me DOOOOOWWWWWN.
It was a nifty way to revive, that's for sure.
You know, I've had lots of friends who have done this same thing whiel prepping for the Bar and MCATs and such. I think I get why.
When I finished my MA, I hid out in a cabin in the woods in East Texas. Clearly, I didn't have 8-10 hours of drive time I could afford to waste for a "free" hiding place (and it's under 6 inches of snow now too -- so added complications had I tried to go there).
This is close, in my favorite weekend haunt, and really, really, easy. I'm on the "exec" suite floor, so concierge lounge does comp bkfst (full one too), so, I snagged yogurt, diet DPs, a banana, and a bagel for my lunch! All the sodas, coffee, tea, water, etc (and free wi-fi everywhere) has made it "extra" easy.
Okay, was that bragging? I think I MEANT it to be more about "revelling!"
Besides, your Hilton time will come; I'm sure of it!
Back to the dungeon! Umm...oh... I mean HILTON....ahhhhhhhh....
DS
Donna, I'm jealous. And I think there might have been a bit of bragging. Unless the hotel discounts you for promoting their services.
But still, I can almost hear Rochelle pouting! I think we should start a "Hilton Dissertation fund" for Rochelle. Any money left afterwards will go to fund my Hilton dissertation weekend. Provided I get there :)
Good luck ladies!
Do you need a person to change your pages...turn down your bed...uh, well, I would be more than happy to keep you company :)
I know there is a small thing called a dissertation deadline looming, but you are there, girl! Your nose is almost at the finish line. Congratulations.
Alison
Post a Comment