
From a "scrappy" email sent from Rochelle on Thursday:
Okay, ladies--
It's officially Valentine's Day or what I like to call "Time-to-start-busting-my-butt-on-this-dissertation Day." We've celebrated all of the holidays that that we can in a vain and desperate attempt to distract ourselves from writing: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Epiphany, MLK Day, President's Day, Fort Worth Stockyard Day, Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, Rhetoric Symposium (while not a holiday, it certainly distracted me from my writing)...
Now, it's time to get to work. And, I mean really work.
So, I am throwing down the gauntlet. I've taken off the gloves to backhand you across the face. I'm spitting on your shoes. I've chestbutted you. Are you ready for the challenge?
Valentine's Day to the end of Spring Break. She who writes the most pages wins. Period. We put up the little writing meter and we go to town. Losers must buy the winner lunch/dinner w/ drinks. Winner gets to graduate on time.
What do you ladies say?!?
Rochelle "Punk" Gregory
And What I Replied:
Dammit! Rochelle is a SCARPPER... but all that means is that it's gonna feel even BETTER to win her punky, chest-butting, shoe-spitting, face slapping bet.
Donna "Queen of all things Dissertation" Souder
All we're waitng for now is to hear from Alison... you in?!?!?!???



No comments:
Post a Comment