I think that, at some future point, I need to do some thinking (gah -- I mean BLOGGING) about "dissertation time." And though I am sure that this is not a novel thought- -I find myself very interested in how bizarrely time moves as I write the dissertation. At moments, time seems to stop; at others, it speeds by in a flash of angst and fractured obligations. On top of it all, I always feel as though what I did yesterday was far better than whatever i am completing today. Gack!
Today I am thankful for many things, but most of all I am...
1. Pleased with the knowledge that TOMORROW, I'll be stressed about a different deadline, and today's stresses will be a thing of the past
2. Happy that by 4pm tomorrow I'll suddenly feel as though I have all the time in the world (time to goof off, time to do class prep, time to grade portfolios)
3. Tickled that my friend Lynda has joined in the blogging fun and games
4. Excited that later today I'll get to play around with Chapter Two - without the guilt of "I should be doing X..." hanging over my head.
5. Grateful to Cole Haan for designing classy heels that are comfortable to wear during an entire 12 hour teaching day.
This is the quote "of the day" that inspired today's blog's title:
"We are born at the rise of the curtain and we die with its fall, and every night in the presence of our patrons we write our new creation, and every night it is blotted out forever; and of what use is it to say to audience or to critic, "Ah, but you should have seen me last Tuesday?" - Jules Renard
I think it's all a metaphor for the dissertation, dear WWW...
DONNA



No comments:
Post a Comment