BON MOTS

“This is one of those views which are so absolutely absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.” --John Burroughs

"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wonderful Wednesday

...or how I retained a cheery attitude and survived my first morning conferences

My goal of writing each morning served a delightful dual purpose today --- I discovered that just the worry over keeping my promise to myself (that is, to begin each day with a list of "thankfuls"), forced me into a more cheerful state of mind. And this is a particularly big deal right now, as everyone in my office is sporting the HIBBS again (HIBBS - more on the generic "sick" term later...). Hacking, sneezing, doldrums have permeated the office once again, and my colleagues are not feeling "huggy" or cheerful themselves to be sure. Turns out that my attitude relies (more than I thought) on the commraderie of my office mates. Hm. Oddly disturbing, I must say.

Nevertheless, I begin (woo-hoo, me!) my day's blogging with a wonderful list of those five things for which I am thankful:

1. NOT having the HIBBS
2. Students who keep their appointments (and who really care about their work!)
3. Halloween colored M&Ms (yummm)
4. Lemon flovored iced tea (tasty!). Thanks T J!
5. Bionic Woman Wednesday

Later today, I'll explain the "HISTORY of HIBBS," and I plan on waxing philosophical about 28 Weeks Later (that damn movie won't leave my head! Argh!). It wasn't an especially stand-out movie, and yet I find myself thinking about it daily. Perhaps blogging about it will get it out of my thoughts...

Farewell, dear WWW...

DONNA

No comments: