...or five reasons I got out of bed today.
Day two of the habit-formation, and I'm still chugging along...
I'm thankful for a lot of obvious things, but most of all, I'm thankful (today) for the following:
1. A early-riser husband who makes getting up at 5am do-able
2. Sweet, sleepy morning-ears on my baby Suki (our boxer-Sheppard mix, rescue dog; she thinks she's human, and she loves a pillow for her head -- her OWN pillow, please)
3. A quiet office at 7:15am (ahhh... the reflective solitude!)
4. My nifty red and grey stripped shirt - with a ruffle (I am so cool today, really)
5. A supportive committee - willing to meet with me in the middle of my writing - just to make sure we're all still on the proverbial "same page." (now who does THAT, I ask you??)
BONUS --- 6. Having the ability to change all items on the above list - if my 11am meeting does NOT go as well as I think it will... (choice is a powerful thing, people!)
DONNA
BON MOTS
“This is one of those views which are so absolutely absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.” --John Burroughs
"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff
"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
It's Tuesday Morning, and I'm Thankful Again
Labels: dissertation, PhD, rhetoric, teaching
academic life,
accomplishments,
blogging,
dissertation,
family,
fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment