...spent writing and grading.
I swear the only reason we celebrate Thanksgiving is to give us lowly graduate students an opportunity to catch up on our writing, grading, and reading. How do I usually spend the Friday after Thanksgiving, you ask? Not at the movies with my son, not with my parents nursing a turkey-hangover, not sprawled on the couch watching marathon episodes of America's Next Top Model. Nooooo, I spend most Thanksgiving holidays writing papers. Papers, papers, papers.
Thanksgiving is really about giving thanks--for one weekend to play catch up on all the work that I have left to do and have yet to get accomplished. So, I give thanks this year--as I have each of the 7 years past--for one weekend of quite time to write and work. In peace.
Know what my favorite holiday is? The day grades are due. December 14th, ba-by. Oh, yea.
BON MOTS
“This is one of those views which are so absolutely absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.” --John Burroughs
"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff
"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm back, full of turkey and pie :) I had so much grading to do that my TDay was a bit sad--anticipation of grading.
I see that the Christmas sweater has my name on it right now. I hope to get some words in by December 1st, but I still think it will be moi who wears the sweater. Oh, woe is me :(
Post a Comment