... or how Rochelle has resorted to "dissertation terrorism" (and why that is just WRONG)
Okay, so it WAS a "Manic Monday" and I DID wish it was Sunday, so I found that most wonderful Bangles song, and I posted it. I had no words that could have possibly added to the pathos of that musical number. No need to blog or add anything to the video. Yes - it just seemed to fit the day; it fit my mood. I needed the Bangles. I had NO ulterior motive. I swear. Really.
Nevertheless, apparently it found its way into Rochelle's head -- all day, and so she had to retaliate! Mean, mean, MEAN gurl...
Now, I must preface this by telling you (dear WWW) that she CLAIMS she thought of me when she heard this song, and that she "just had to share" (she alleges that it will be the new ring tone when I call her cell). I see it for what it is though: evil, evil dissertation terrorism! I realize now (ahem - that is now that THIS song is stuck in my head anyway) that she planned this! She knew I wouldn't be able to write about Hemans and the 18th century with "SHOES" stuck in my head! Yes, granted - she did warn us that it was "on like Donkey Kong." But this is just below the belt (metaphorically speaking). Why, oh why didn't I heed her warning?????
SHOES...SHOES... OMG... I LOVE THESE SHOES...SHOES...I'M GONNA GET WHAT I WANT... SHOES... (eeeeeeekkkk... help me dissertation Buddha!)
Are YOU man enough to ignore this song? I didn't think so...
Dirty tricks will not deter me! I press on...
Until the NEXT evil event, I remain most sincerely yours, dearest WWW...
DONNA
BON MOTS
“This is one of those views which are so absolutely absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.” --John Burroughs
"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff
"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
It's Like, OMG...Shoes!
Labels: dissertation, PhD, rhetoric, teaching
academic life,
Alison,
annoyances,
bets,
blogging,
dissertation,
Rochelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment