BON MOTS

“This is one of those views which are so absolutely absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.” --John Burroughs

"Living in a vacuum sucks." --Adrienne E. Gusoff

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wednesday, Oh Wednesday... How Do I Dread Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...

...a post wherein I applaud my word count, dread tomorrow's dissertation "conference," and cheer our friend, Emily White, for passing her comprehensive exams

Gee -- with such a comprehensive and detailed introduction, there's not much of a point in writing anything new, huh?

Congrats, Emily! --DONNA, ROCHELLE, ALISON

3 comments:

DrTee said...

AMATEURS!! My word count as of now is 40,150 words. Okay, I used some of the words more than once, but still!

Rochelle Gregory said...

agh... I worked my ass off this week and I was Soooo proud of my 7500 words. Feeling confident that I just might win this. But, nooooo.

Since Dr. T kicked all of our butts, I think we all three have to wear Xmas sweaters...

Anonymous said...

Dr. T. left me sooooo far behind. I am just happy to have my prospectus approved...I feel that the Christmas sweater will be worth it (okay, so I'm lying, but I thought it sounded good!).

Rochelle, my word count meter is so sad looking :(